Hi, this is just an update to let you know that the information in this post relates to our Spring Holiday 2020 progam. As a result you’ll find that the webinar series has ended and the Macpac competition has finished, however the remaining content is still available for you to explore, including recordings of each of the webinars. Please read on, and enjoy!
Welcome to our blog on the 30 things to do in SPRING. Our poster here has all the activities for you to complete over the holidays. Below you will find more details about some of the challenges we have set out for you plus all our webinars and videos from our wonderful Park Rangers.
Challenge no. 7 – Play ‘leaf shape bingo’. Download the bingo sheet here and look for shapes in nature that match the shapes on your sheet. The first one to fill their sheet or find 3 in a row wins the game
Challenge no. 12 – Become a citizen scientist and join our bioblitz (23 – 25 September). Sign up with iNaturalist and become a citizen scientist for our 2020 Parks Victoria BioBlitz. Look for plants and animals around where you live and upload photos of them to our page here. Our Park Rangers will be checking in to see what you have discovered so sign up today and be ready to join us from 23rd September until 25th September.
Here are our live events as our rangers come direct from the parks to your homes at the exact same time! Click on the photo to be taken to our bookings page.
Exploring Serendip’s Natural Treasures’
Join Ranger Vanessa on a virtual tour of Serendip Sanctuary and discover its natural treasures. Meet some of Serendip’s animals, like Eastern Barred Bandicoots and Eastern Grey Kangaroos, and learn about their unique features.
(The live event has now ended. See the recording here).
Life in the Intertidal Zone’
Join Ranger Ellie to explore Victoria’s marine habitats and the creatures that live in them. Learn about the diverse and fascinating ways that creatures survive and thrive in this ever-changing environment.
(The live event has now ended. See the recording here )
Wildlife super sleuths – Sharpen your super sleuth skills and join Ranger Julia to discover which animals have been around, using the clues and evidence that they leave behind.
(The live event has now ended. See the recording here.)
Thursday 1st October @ 10am. Discovering Wadawurrung with Ranger Ebonee – Join Ranger Ebonee, a proud Wadawurrung woman as she discusses the importance of Country.
(The live event has now ended. See the recording here)
Here are our Ranger videos for your access at any time during the holidays. Click on the videos to view.
22. Let’s go Birdwatching – Ranger Lily shares some tips n tricks for being a successful birdwatcher
23. Floodplains of the Goulburn – Join Ranger Emma as she shares some of the ageless beauty of Redgums living on the floodplains
24. Join a Minibeast Survey – Ever wanted to be a marine scientist? Join Ranger Yani as she demonstrates how to do a minibeast sampling survey
25. Bird Brain Quiz – Join Ranger Han to learn some bird facts and test your knowledge
26. Create a Nature Journal – Ranger Lucy shares some of her own tips designed to help you explore nature in new and creative ways
27. Join the Parks Victoria Bioblitz – Parks Victoria’s annual Bioblitz is happening between September 23rd – 25th. Join Ranger Han as she demonstrates how to get started.
28. Scratching Around – Join Ranger Kelly as she explores the secretive and surprising world of the Mallee Fowl
29. Explore the Maribrynong River – Join Ranger Sharyn as she shares some of the wonders of the Maribrynong River, both above and below the water